You need to build your brand presence starting with your own website. No matter what kind of business you are in, no matter what kind of a professional you are, no matter what your personal passion is, your own website is THE key asset to build.
Having a Facebook page, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn or any other kind of online or social media presence is great and should absolutely be part of your brand strategy – but you are always at the mercy of these platforms and they can change their terms and conditions at a moment’s notice, leaving you with absolutely nothing to show for all your hard work!
Plus – the old saying of “if you’re not paying for the product, you ARE the product” is absolutely and 100% true!
The only way for you to take full control and ownership of your brand and content is to build your brand on your own domain and website. Then nobody can ever suddenly start charging you or your customers to view your content (think of what Medium did by implementing a paywall ….) and it’s the only way for you to establish a long term relationship and presence.
Your website can certainly act as a “signpost” to your other channels you are using – but YOUR website should be where the gold is – the nuggets of information and services that you offer to your clients and audience.
We know that many people find the whole process VERY confusing
- How do you buy a domain name?
- Where should you host your website? (hint – NEVER with WIX or SquareSpace – PLEASE don’t fall into this trap!!)
- How do you install WordPress? (the simplest and most common website Content Management System (CMS) in the world)
- How do you customise your site?
- What is SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and how do you configure it?
- How to you configure images for social sharing?
- How do you set up a blog?
- How do you do integrate Mailchimp for newsletter subscriptions?
- and many, many more questions that stop people from getting started in the first place
As a design and publishing house, we are often asked by our clients for a bit of a helping hand to establish their online presence and build their brand when they feel a bit overwhelmed with where to start.
Some of them are perfectly happy to “get their hands dirty” but don’t want to do the “techie stuff” that comes first to set it all up.
Others want to be a bit less hands on and just want a simple “landing page” website to showcase their products and services and maybe add a blog and/or newsletter subscription service at a later stage.
And then a few more want a “full service” package that includes a full brand pack along with a wide range of social media management options – all bespoke and tailored to them.
If you are ready to build your brand, please take a look at our packages below:-
You’re willing to get your hands dirty but need a helping hand with the techie side to get going.
- Domain name selection and purchase (* domain fees passed on – see note below)
- Domain redirect to hosting platform
- 1gb disk and 10gb traffic included in foundation hosting package
- WordPress installation with default theme
- Site certificate with HTTPS included
- First year hosting included (** renews annually)
- 3 x email accounts included
PLEASE NOTE – this package requires YOU to learn how to use WordPress in order to continue the process to customise and use your site.
(* domains are purchased via GoDaddy – fees vary according to domain(s) and options selected – all domain fees and renewals are passed on at cost and are in addition to the price quoted above – domain renewal fees due annually after first 2 years)
(** hosting payable annually in advance, 2022 foundation hosting renews at £120 /yr)
Basic walkthrough of the WordPress interface to get you started – £100 / hour or part thereof via Zoom screen sharing.
You’re looking for a ready made “website-in-a-box” to establish your presence on the web / start a blog and/or newsletter
Everything included in the DIY FOUNDATION package (*)
- Suitable free WordPress theme landing page tailored to your brand using public domain or customer supplied images
- “About” section / page
- Contact details
- Blog posting ready
- Installation of free YOAST SEO plugin for page & post optimisation
(* domains are purchased via GoDaddy – fees vary according to domain(s) and options selected – all domain fees and renewals are passed on at cost and are in addition to the price quoted above – domain renewal fees due annually after first 2 years. Hosting payable annually in advance, 2022 foundation hosting renews at £120 /yr)
– Mailchimp setup and integration £200
– Content / copy updates per hour or part thereof £ 50
You’re looking for a fully managed solution that’s “hands-off” or you want to take your brand to the next level.
We have an extensive network of skilled freelancers that we can pull together to create a dream team that will work with you on a fully bespoke end-to-end brand package from services including:-
- Full branding audit / review and brand pack creation
- Bespoke website creation
- Copywriting and content creation
- Full social media strategy and management services including content posting across any / all channels required
- SEO optimisation
- App development
Bespoke Pricing / POA
Of course we’ve built this site you’re on right now so we could happily help you to replicate any of the features and functions on it that you’d like for your own site too.
Click on the images below to see further examples from some of our current customers:-